Photo by Abigail Bradshaw
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
My family had a full on addiction to almond poppy seed muffins from Costco when I was growing up – we went through at least a dozen a week. To be fair, there were six of us! Now that we’ve grown up and started to appreciate more wholesome ingredients, this is a healthy way that I still get that flavorful fix.
1. Preheat the oven to 350/F and lightly oil four medium-sized ramekins.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together and then bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
3. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes, then serve with a pat of butter on top or with warm milk and fresh fruit.
4. Check your teeth for poppy seeds afterwards, and enjoy!