Although we have a few days of summer left, autumn will be here before we know it. Days are already getting shorter, and golden harvest hues and warm amber light are here to remind us that fall is just around the corner. Leaves will soon be gold and red and ready to rake, nature will soon give us a spectacular show of color and richness.
Let’s welcome September with a round-up of autumn-themed DIY projects, shall we?
If for you summer means hitting the local beach and collecting shells, sea glass and driftwood or if you’re willing to bring the beach inside, we have found 8 DIY projects to keep your hands busy all August long.
Now that summer is officially here, the outdoor feasting shall begin. Are you feeling the draw of the outdoors? Are you feeling the need to grab a basket, fill it with fresh fruits, nice wine and delicious cheese, and spread you blanket on the grass? From picnic party invites to napkin rolls to embellished baskets, and more, here are fun ideas to help you prepare to throw the best picnic ever.
June is the perfect time to put on your gardening gloves (or make some!) and start weeding, planting, and watering. From gorgeous garden markers to lovely planters, to vertical garden to string garden, and more, this DIY roundup has all you need to please your green thumb and help you have the prettiest garden around.
[editor’s note]: This week we’re sharing a four-part gift guide series focusing on gifts for moms. First up is a roundup of DIY gifts shared by our contributors Sarah Hart and Clemence Herbillon who teamed up to find the sweetest of DIYs because we all know that some of the best gifts you can give to your mother on Mother’s Day are the ones that are handmade.
We know how important your mom is to you, and we know how hard it can be sometimes to find that perfect gift for her. That’s why we have brought together some lovely DIY ideas so you can create the perfect present for Mother’s Day!
Whether your mom is Love’n Luxury, Jazzed about Jewerlry, Dreaming of Decor, Passionate for Plants or Yearning for Unique, you’ll be able to find a DIY that is just right for her.
1. Citrus salt body scrub by Paula Deen
2. Infusing sugar by Sugar and Charm
3. Planting pot necklace by Sincerely Kinsey
4. Bird nest necklace by Sarah Ortega
5. Painted driftwood hanger by Lovely Indeed
6. Fabric covered canvas by Better Homes and Gardens
7. Stenciled animal mugs by Country Living
8. Book planter with succulents by Green Wedding Shoes
9. Chalkboard planting pots by Bonnie Forkner for Design Sponge
10. Recycled wine barrel planter by Centsational Girl
11. Butterfly glass dome by Sweet Paul
12. Birdhouse key hooks by Torie Jayne